Welcome to 5th Grade!
I hope your child is excited to start a new school year. I know I am! It was wonderful to see excited faces in the classroom during the Meet & Greet today.
To best streamline communication, each 5th grade newsletter starts with a "to do" list that highlights any action items for the week. Each newsletter also includes an overview of the upcoming week's class topics and important dates. Starting next week, a "highlights from last week" section will also be included. My apologies for the lengthy "to do" list this week...I promise every week will not be like this!
- If you haven't yet had the opportunity, please CLICK HERE to complete the child learning inventory. This fantastic tool helps me get to know your child better and equips me to best facilitate his or her learning. The more I know about your child, the better I can tailor an educational and motivational program to fit his or her individual needs. This survey really helps me to start the year running. It should take about 5-10 minutes of your time. Thanks for your help!
- Your child will go home with three forms tomorrow: Parent Code of Conduct, Student Code of Conduct, and School Guidelines for Technology. I will be reviewing the Guidelines for Technology agreement with students and we with add signatures in class on Wednesday. In order for your child to gain laptop privileges for Thursday, this form must be signed by you as well. Wednesday night HW will be to return this signed for on Thursday. The Code of Conduct forms can be signed at your leisure and returned in the red Friday folder.
- Please help to remind your child to bring the book Wonder and the precept assignment to class on the first day of school.
- While we have headphones in the classroom for students to use throughout the year, many students prefer to use their own. Your child is welcome to bring in a pair of headphones to keep at school if s/he'd like. This item is completely optional. Your child's desk is equipped with all other supplies needed for the school year. Outside of headphones, please keep additional school supplies at home.
- On Friday, your child will come home with a red folder. This folder will go home every Friday. It includes a weekly reflection that you will sign and place back into the folder along with other communication from school. Anything placed in the left hand pocket is for you to keep at home (please empty it each week) while the right pocket contains items for you to review, sign, and return in the pocket. The red folder will return to school with your child each Monday.
OVERVIEW OF THIS WEEK'S CLASS TOPICS
I look forward to seeing you all and discussing what to expect this school year at Back to School Night on September 5th.
I'm looking forward to teaming with you this year! If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to send them my way.
Mrs. Celeste Caso
School Wide Events
Thursday, June 4th TALENT SHOW @ 12:45PM
Talent Show at 12:45 - 2:30pm
Congratulations to our Class of 2020 6th Graders! Dismissal after graduation - NO AFTER CARE.