September 23 Newsletter
Hope you all had a fantastic week and are ready for the weekend! The sixth graders were working hard this week and making sure they are all getting prepared for camp on Wednesday. The students were very busy in class this week learning new material and engaging in new experiments. The students continued working on their Social Studies curriculum by learning about the First Humans and the skills and development of their communities. In writing, the students have been working on their grammar and spelling skills and how to apply them to their writing.
The sixth graders are so excited for Camp Stevens this upcoming week, they cannot stop talking about it! Below are some important reminders so please look them over carefully as they may answer any questions you may have. The roads to Camp Stevens are winding, so if your child gets car sick, please let me know so I can be sure to place her in a seat that will best limit the sway of the car. Please email me to let me know, and I will make the appropriate seat placement.
Important Camp Stevens reminders:
- Students are only allowed to bring a carry-on sized suitcase. Sleeping bags and pillows are to be brought on the side as there is limited space for transportation as well as inside the cabins.
- Any medications for the students should be delivered directly to me on Wednesday morning. With any prescription bottles, please send just the pills that are needed for our time at camp. Place them in a baggie with your child’s name on them along with directions for the medication.
- Students will arrive to school at our regular arrival time on Wednesday. We will be leaving the campus on Wednesday, September 25, around 9:30 a.m. Our volunteer driver Kim.
- We will be coming back to campus on Friday, September 27, around 1:30 p.m. Students are to be picked up at our regular school time on Friday at 2:55 p.m.
PLEASE feel free to send any thoughts, concerns, questions regarding Camp Stevens.
- Day School Sunday- September 29 at 10:00 a.m. If your child is a class chaplain, please make sure to have them come on Sunday by 9:55 a.m.
Have a great weekend,
School Wide Events
Thursday, June 4th TALENT SHOW @ 12:45PM
Talent Show at 12:45 - 2:30pm
Congratulations to our Class of 2020 6th Graders! Dismissal after graduation - NO AFTER CARE.