October 28th Newsletter
- Your child will go home with our red Friday folder again this Monday. I had more graded work to return on Friday but didn't have a chance to stuff them all in folders before the end of the day.
- Thank you for your willingness to accept some worms into your home. It was a joy to see so many students excited to conduct their own experiments at home. When students are done with their experiments, there is a short reflection form for them to complete. This will be discussed and shared on Monday afternoon. They will use this form as a guide when they share their findings with the class.
- Thank you for completing the San Diego Symphony field trip permission form. We'll be leaving school via bus at 11am this Tuesday and will return to school for lunch at approximately 1pm.
- It's hard to believe that we're already 1/3 of the way through the school year, but this Friday is already the final day of the 1st trimester. Community service forms must be turned in by Friday to be included on 1st trimester report cards.
- Friendly reminder that students do not have school on Wednesday, November 20th when we meet for parent-teacher conferences. I will send confirmation emails out at the end of the week to confirm the conference time you signed up for earlier in the year.
HIGHLIGHTS FROM LAST WEEK
Observing Worm Behavior in Science
Last week students discovered the critical role earthworms play in decomposing dead material and releasing nutrients into the soil. We first made close observations of worms. Then, we conducted a simple experiment with multiple trials to figure out if worms prefer dry or wet areas. Students considered what a “fair test” is before designing their own "fair test" investigations to answer other questions about earthworm behavior.
OVERVIEW OF THIS WEEK'S CLASS TOPIC
School Wide Events
Thursday, June 4th TALENT SHOW @ 12:45PM
Talent Show at 12:45 - 2:30pm
Congratulations to our Class of 2020 6th Graders! Dismissal after graduation - NO AFTER CARE.