Dear JK Families,
You may have noticed the children’s American flag paintings in the JK window. Thank you to all of the veterans who are being honored today.
The Classics for Kids concert was a highlight for the class last week. Traveling on the bus was exciting for the children, of course. Then, the concert itself, learning about the different instruments, and watching the Malashock dancers, were all engaging and fun!
The children have been learning about the Pilgrims, the Mayflower, Native Americans and the first Thanksgiving by listening to stories, drawing pictures of things they are thankful for, and singing "The Pilgrims Came to America” song. Ask your child to sing it for you!
This Friday is a free dress day, including crazy hair! Remember that your child is required to wear clothing that is appropriate for a school day and tennis shoes because it is a P.E. day.
Remember that on Friday, November 22, the school will celebrate Grandparents’ Day with presentations from each class. It will begin at 2:20 p.m. and will be held in the church. If your child does not have a grandparent who is able to attend, please feel free to bring a special relative or friend to the event.
Here are some dates to note on your calendars:
- Tuesday, November 12: picture re-takes
- Thursday, November 14: Picnic in the Courtyard: 12-12:25 p.m.
- Friday, November 15: free dress day, including crazy hair
- Wednesday, November 20: Parent-Teacher Conferences (no school)
- Friday, November 22: all school Grandparents’ Day presentation: 2:20 p.m.
- Monday-Friday, November 25-29: Thanksgiving Break (no school)
- Thursday, December 12: all school Christmas Concert: 6 p.m.
- Friday, December 20: noon dismissal for Christmas break
- Monday, January 6: school resumes
School Wide Events
Monday, June 1th HALF DAY - 12PM NOON DISMISSAL, NO AFTER CARE
12:00 p.m. dismissal today, no after care.
Wednesday, June 3th PLAY DAY 11:20 A.M. - 2:15 P.M. - DISMISSAL FOLLOWS
A funfilled Play Day with lots of exciting activities from 11:20 a.m. - 2:15 p.m. Dismissal follows.
Thursday, June 4th TALENT SHOW @ 12:45PM
Talent Show at 12:45 - 2:30pm
Congratulations to our Class of 2020 6th Graders! Dismissal after graduation - NO AFTER CARE.