December News in Senior Kindergarten!
Hello Wonderful Senior Kindergaren Parents!
Here is a thought for December from Diane Loomans
If I had my child to raise all over again,
I'd build self-esteem first, and the house later.
I'd finger-paint more, and point the finger less.
I would do less correcting and more connecting.
I'd take my eyes off my watch, and watch with my eyes.
I'd take more hikes and fly more kites.
I'd stop playing serious, and seriously play.
I would run through more fields and gaze at more stars.
I'd do more hugging and less tugging.
Events not to miss!
- Mon 2nd -Thurs. 5th at 5 pm Christmas Parade float construction in the parking lot!
- Friday the 6th, Christmas Parade- meet in front of the police station at 5:30- families welcome!
- Ancestry Reports the week of December 9-13th Parents welcome!! Look for an email soon
- Thursday 12th, 6 PM Christmas Concert in the church (wear dress uniforms/red sweaters)
- Monday 16th 10-11:30, tentatively, gingerbread houses with our big buddies in Hinde Hall
- Thursday 19th class party 1-3 in the classroom
- Friday 20th Nativity Play parent preview in Hinde Hall, 10:30 AM. Bring your cameras!
- Friday 20th Closing Chapel and Nativity Play, whole school 11 AM (dress uniforms/red sweaters) dismissal right afterwards around 12 PM
- A self-addressed and stamped envelope so Santa can write back to your child!
- Practice your lines for the Nativity play!
- Your gift for the gift exchange, wrapped and labeled for a girl, or boy (no more than $5 value)
- please save all of your paper towel/toilet paper tubes for a project!!
December Focus in Senior Kindergarten
Letter blends sh,th, ch, ing, ar, ir, er, oo
Cheer Words: who, what, little, friend, once, have
Writer’s Workshop: Narrative Writing: Using partners to strengthen our writing.... Does it make sense? Editing and revision
Reader’s Workshop: Making predictions, picture walks, chunking words
Problem Solving Journals: simple addition and subtraction
Weather Patterns, vocabulary
Holidays around the world
Ourselves, our ancestors
School Wide Events
Monday, June 1th HALF DAY - 12PM NOON DISMISSAL, NO AFTER CARE
12:00 p.m. dismissal today, no after care.
Wednesday, June 3th PLAY DAY 11:20 A.M. - 2:15 P.M. - DISMISSAL FOLLOWS
A funfilled Play Day with lots of exciting activities from 11:20 a.m. - 2:15 p.m. Dismissal follows.
Thursday, June 4th TALENT SHOW @ 12:45PM
Talent Show at 12:45 - 2:30pm
Congratulations to our Class of 2020 6th Graders! Dismissal after graduation - NO AFTER CARE.